We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Senior AWS Cloud Developer to join our dynamic team. As a Senior AWS Cloud Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining cloud-based applications and infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies, including Lambda, AppSync, CloudFront, SQS, DynamoDB, and Redis. You will collaborate with project managers, developers, architects, and other stakeholders to deliver scalable, reliable, and cost-effective solutions that meet the needs of our clients. You will also play a key role in mentoring and guiding junior developers, contributing to the overall growth of the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze project requirements and specifications, and collaborate with architects and other team members to develop robust, high-performance, and scalable cloud-based applications using AWS services and technologies.
- Design and implement efficient, reusable, and modular code, adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Develop and maintain AWS infrastructure components, such as EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, VPC, AppSync, CloudFront, SQS, DynamoDB, and Redis, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Design and implement serverless architectures using AWS services, such as Lambda, AppSync, and API Gateway, ensuring high availability, scalability, and fault tolerance.
- Develop AWS Lambda functions and AppSync resolvers using Node.js to handle application logic, processing, and data retrieval.
- Implement and manage continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines using AWS services like CodePipeline, CodeBuild, or CodeDeploy.
- Leverage AWS security best practices, including the implementation of security groups, IAM policies, and encryption to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of applications and data.
- Monitor and optimize application performance, cost, and resource usage using AWS services like CloudWatch, AWS X-Ray, and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Troubleshoot and debug application issues, identify and implement optimizations, and provide technical support as needed.
- Design and develop data storage and caching solutions using AWS DynamoDB and Redis.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing, code maintenance, and support for future application updates.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest AWS releases, services, and best practices to ensure the team utilizes the most efficient and effective methodologies.
- Collaborate with other team members in code reviews, design discussions, and problem-solving sessions.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior developers, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and professional growth.
- Participate in regular meetings, presentations, and progress reports to communicate project status and milestones to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Senior AWS Cloud Developer, with a strong portfolio showcasing completed projects.
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, or higher certification is preferred.
- Proficiency in Node.js and at least one other programming language, such as Python, Java, or .NET.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services and technologies, such as Lambda, AppSync, CloudFront, SQS, DynamoDB, Redis, EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, and CloudFormation.
- Good understanding of AppSync, CloudFront, and SQS Queues in the context of designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Amazon ECR/ECS.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum.
- Strong problem-solving, critical-thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to continuous learning and staying current with industry trends and best practices.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools, such as Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
- Knowledge of serverless architecture and experience using AWS services like Lambda and AppSync.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing data storage and caching solutions using AWS DynamoDB and Redis.
- Experience in optimizing and fine-tuning the performance of cloud-based applications and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and experience working with AWS VPC, security groups, and related services.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools, such as AWS CloudWatch, AWS X-Ray, or other third-party tools.